A group of mermaids surround the two lifeboats and attack the mutineers with spears. As Nichols orders them to take their oars and row, a mermaid throws a spear and strikes O'Hagan in the side of his neck. Meanwhile, another mermaid grabs Alarcus Nikishin and pulls him overboard.
Things of interest
- The identity of passenger It-Beng Sia can be deduced as the other Formosan passenger, Bun-Lan Lim, addresses him by name 明叔, [uncle] Beng.
- The fate of Alarcus Nikishin (as being drowned) can be deduced as one of the mermaids is pulling him into the ocean.
- Passenger It-Beng Sia is cutting himself free with the tip of the spear that hit topman Li Hong in The Calling, part 1.
- You can see the knife It-Beng Sia used to stab Galligan on the floor of the lifeboat. It was dropped by Alarcus Nikishin during this part.
Aside from seaman O'Hagan, six others were present.
- Passenger It-Beng Sia
- Passenger Bun-Lan Lim
- Second Mate Edward Nichols
- Seaman Aleksei Toporov
- Seaman Alarcus Nikishin
- 2nd Mate's steward Samuel Galligan
Also present are topman Li Hong's corpse, a shell, the chest, and three mermaids.
This memory is accessible through O'Hagan's corpse in The Calling, part 3.
The diorama takes place out on the open sea, where only two rowboats and their passengers are seen. The Obra Dinn is nowhere in sight.
- [Toporov] "Матерь божья! | Mother of God!"
- [Nichols] "Keep rowing!"
- [Lim] "他們欲過來啊！| They are here! 明叔，箱子！| Beng, the chest!"
- [Toporov] "Where is it?"
- [Galligan] "There! Something there!"
- [Nichols] "I see it!"
- [O'Hagan] "Give us a weapon!"
- [Sia] "小姐，莫起來！| Miss Lim! Stay down!"
- [Nichols] "Pick up the oars and row, you fools!"