As Sathi retreats to the port walk, another crab rider invades the orlop deck and is headed to the lazarette. When First Mate William Hoscut orders someone to shoot the crab rider, Bosun's Mate Charles Miner shoots at it, but he misses and accidentally hits Sathi, hiding behind the wall.
Things of interestEdit
- The identity of Ship's Steward Zungi Sathi can only be deduced by ruling out all other options or by associating his darker skin with his Indian origin. His clothing reveals he is a steward and there is only one Indian steward on board.
- His fate can be deduced by looking through the holes into the center part of the deck but his killer, Bosun's Mate Charles Miner, cannot be highlighted for verification.
- Purser Duncan McKay's identity can be assumed as he is hiding in the purser's office.
- Given that this is the third unlikely-seeming death (after those of William Wasim and Huang Li) after three mermaids were brought aboard, it may imply that the curse Fillip Dahl and the Formosans talk of is real.
This memory is accessed via a body at the end of the port walk on the orlop deck.
Only the port walk on the orlop deck is accessible. The exit is towards the bow.
- [Witterel] "They make for the lazarette! Secure the hold!"
- [Hoscut] "Someone shoot the damn thing!"