After killing topman Nicholas Botterill, a crab rider invades the gun deck. As the crewmen run away, Gibbs runs to the gun deck to investigate. Despite his boss and seaman Nathan Peters urging Gibbs to stay back, he attempts to confront the crab rider and foolhardily throws his axe at it. The crab rider knocks the axe aside and fires three spikes at Gibbs, impaling him to the pillar behind him. A fourth spike is flying towards Carpenter Winston Smith's shoulder.
Things of interest
- Marcus Gibbs's role as carpenter's mate can be deduced as he addresses Winston Smith as boss. Their identities can be deduced further when they are seen together in the workshop in Unholy Captives, part 3, or by their accents, as they are the only Americans on board.
- Fourth Mate John Davies can be seen in this scene protecting his steward, who is hiding in the kitchen. Davies was possibly the one who made the call to arms after seeing Nicholas Botterill being speared by one of the crab riders in Soldiers of the Sea, part 2.
- Seaman Nathan Peters can also be seen cowering after witnessing the events of Soldiers of the Sea, part 2 and informs Smith and Gibbs on what happened above deck saying the beast already killed Nicholas "Nick" Botterill.
This memory is accessed via Gibbs' body spiked to a wall on the gun deck.
The front half on the ship on the gun deck and main deck.
- [Linde] "En dæmon! | A demon!"
- [Peters] "Out of the way!"
- [Davies] "Beat to quarters! Enemy aboard!"
- [Gibbs] X "What's going on?"
- [Peters] "Stay back! It's already done for Nick!"
- [Gibbs] X "Come on, Boss!"
- [Smith] "No, get down!"
- [Gibbs] X "Hey! Catch!"