Return of the Obra Dinn is a 3D first-person mystery game created by Lucas Pope. It takes place on an East Indian merchant ship in 1808.
The following description was posted on a developer blog by Pope on May 24th, 2014.
- In 1802, the merchant ship "Obra Dinn" set out from London for the Orient with over 200 tons of trade goods. Six months later it hadn't met its rendezvous point at the Cape of Good Hope and was declared lost at sea. Early this morning of October 14th, 1808, the Obra Dinn drifted into port with sails damaged and no visible crew. As insurance adjustor for the East India Company's London Office, find means to board the ship and recover the captain's logbook for assessment.
In Return of the Obra Dinn, the player explores a ship called the "Obra Dinn" which has mysteriously drifted into port with all of its crew missing. The gameplay revolves around exploring the ship and determining the fate of everyone who was on board.
Return of the Obra Dinn received "generally favorable" reviews on Metacritic getting a metascore of 89/100 on PC and 86/100 on Switch. On whatoplay.com, it receives an aggregate score (playscore) of 9.19 on PC and is 8th place on its "Top 25 Singleplayer PC Games of the Last 5 Years" list. It also receives a playscore of 8.52 on Xbox One.
- ↑ dev log post on May 24, 2014
- ↑ Metascore for Return of the Obra Dinn on PCMetacritic, Retrieved June 17, 2020
- ↑ Metascore for Return of the Obra Dinn on SwitchMetacritic, Retrieved June 17, 2020
- ↑ Playscore for Return of the Obra Dinn on PCwhatoplay.com, Retrieved June 17, 2020
- ↑ Playscore for Return of the Obra Dinn on Xbox Onewhatoplay.com, Retrieved June 22, 2020